Assessment & Reporting
Within our whole school curriculum, we create opportunities for students to demonstrate their understanding and progress.
We monitor this progress in a variety of ways, including but not limited to, nationally recognised tests in English, maths, science, reading and Cognitive Ability Tests offered by GL Assessment, as well as our internal subject tests and examinations.
We collect this information throughout the year and collectively analyse the results to:
- Initiate a dialogue between student and teacher and student and parent
- Raise the achievement and self-esteem of students by providing them with regular, high quality, diagnostic feedback about their work
- Ensure continuity and progression for the learner as they move through the school
- Acknowledge areas of success with the student, thereby motivating them to make progress
- Identify key skill areas for students’ further development, which is used to inform future planning
To ensure you are aware of our major milestones, such as reporting home, forthcoming whole school assessments and parents’ evenings, below you will find helpful guides and schedules to keep you informed: