All Thurston Sixth students are members of the Student Union.
Our Student Union connects every student's voice to the leadership of Thurston Sixth, allowing everybody to share their opinions and get involved with key decisions that affect the learning environment and community atmosphere of our sixth form. Whether getting involved directly by standing for election, or feeding back views through surveys and informal discussions, we want our students to become the next generation of organisers, thinkers and leaders.
This year our Student Union have set goals to:
- optimise teaching and learning
- develop our sense of community
- work with charities through diverse and exciting fundraisers
- support the mental wellbeing of our community
- reduce our impact on the environment.
- creating a mini meadow to increase biodiversity
- supporting our student-led clubs and societies to improve our academic aspirations
- renewing our social spaces to improve the cohesion of our community
Sixth Form Student Union Executive
- James Fordham - President
- Holly Betts - Vice President
- Harriet Brown
- Liga Naivunivuni
- William Prowse
- Katie Slark-Hollis
- Noah Sparkes
- Jess Wood
- Lily Worley
- Joe Yeaman